Monday, December 15, 2008

Curt Swan A Life In Comics



Perhaps my favorite book about comic creators is this in depth biography of the fantastic Curt Swan. He was always in my top two favorite artists and I was thrilled with this book. Interspersed throughout the book are interviews with many of the legends of the industry Curt worked with, like Murphy Anderson, Julie Schwartz, Joe Kubert, Carmine Infantino, and many others. Unfortunately, the book came out several years after Curt died so there couldn't be any signed copies but Murphy and Julie signed several copies that were put out as a limited edition, which I was lucky enough to get.



I believe that shot of the three of them was taken in Kansas City at the convention where I met Curt back in the early 90's. I remember him wearing that same jean jacket when I met him. This book is fantastic and is highly recommended if you like great comic art.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews