Monday, May 29, 2006

Alex Toth R.I.P.

I was saddened to learn of the passing of veteran comic artist Alex Toth the other day. Toth was one of the most innovative artists to come through the comic field. I wasn't all that impressed with his work growing up but as I got older I started to see the genius of his work. His style was so simplistic yet dynamic at the same time. His war stories were especially impressive. I also enjoyed the few Black Canary stories he drew for DC in the early 70's. Of course as a cartoon lover, I was in awe of his character designs for shows such as Superfriends, Space Ghost, and Thundarr The Barbarian. He was also an avid follower of comic book history. I enjoyed his editorials in magazines like Comic Book Artist and Alter Ego. He was a true giant of the industry and will be greatly missed.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews