Saturday, April 7, 2012

Star Trek The Enterprise Logs

I had a good time last weekend at Planet Comicon, Kansas City's premier comic and pop culture convention. While I didn't buy a lot of comics, I did pick up these neat 1970's Golden Press reprints of the Gold Key Star Trek comic from the late 60's. Volume 1 features issues #'s 1-8 plus a neat pinup of the Enterprise.
Volume 2 reprints issues #'s 9-17. I always enjoy reading about Star Trek in the period before the first movie and the Next Generation. It was a simpler time for fandom and the show was still kind of a cult show. The early issues of Starlog provide great examples of this unique fan movement.
Sometimes I wish I was 10-20 years older so I could have experienced this era of fandom more. The comics got better in the 80's and 90's but there was an innocence to the Gold Key books that I'll always love.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews