Saturday, April 7, 2012

Late Night With The Avengers

When I was in junior high in 1983-84, two of my favorite things were Marvel Comics and Late Night With David Letterman so I was very excited when The Avengers showed up on Dave's show in issue #239, part of Marvel's infamous Assistant Editors' Month, where all the titles featured wacky and crazy stories cooked by the assistant editors in charge of each book. It was great seeing the so called B team at the time show up to banter with Dave.
Of course hijinks ensued but our favorite late night show had the last word.
All art by Al Milgrom and Joe Sinnott. I need to try and fish out all the other Assistant Editors' month books. I'm pretty sure I have them all but this one was by far my favorite. The new Avengers movie should have a scene where Earth's Mightiest Heroes show up on Dave's show. I would definitely pay to see that!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews