Monday, November 27, 2006

Dave Cockrum R.I.P.

I was really saddened to learn of the passing over the weekend of one of my favorite artists, the great Dave Cockrum, after a long illness. I was first exposed to his work on Uncanny X-Men in the early 80's. I loved his clean and very futuristic style. That style was very well put to use on his own creations, The Futurians. They were initially published in a Marvel Graphic Novel and then Cockrum published three issues through Lodestone Publishing. This first issue, cover dated October, 1985, featured a 27 page feature length story. Although it only lasted three issues, the entire series was reprinted a few years later with the "missing" fourth issue included. It was a cool series and it's well worth checking out.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews