Thursday, November 15, 2007

Superman Family #182

Another great book I got from the first year I collected comics is this great Superman Family from April, 1977. Superman was (and is) my favorite character from day one and 80 pages of Superman related stories was a no brainer for me. Not to mention a gorgeous Curt Swan/Neal Adams cover. Right away I knew that Curt Swan was something special. He was the perfect artist for the Man Of Steel. Another great Superman family artist was Kurt Schaffenberger. At the time I wasn't aware of his work on Lois Lane from the Silver Age. It was a great experience discovering his work in these late '70's dollar comics. This issue also featured work by Mike Vosburg, Marshall Rogers, and John Calnan with scripts by Cary Bates and Denny O'Neill, and E. Nelson Bridwell. I'd savor these 80 page wonders for the whole weekend. Great, great stuff.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews