Thursday, November 15, 2007

World's Finest #244

Every day something reminds me that I'm getting older. One of the major things is that this year celebrates my 30th year of collecting comics. My dad started buying me comics when I would go see him every other weekend after my parents divorced when I was seven. One of the first books I remember getting is the first Dollar sized World's Finest, #244 from April-May, 1977. I remember my dad thinking that a dollar was a lot for one comic considering they were .35 at the time. This particular issue was one of the better ones in the dollar run. Behind a great Neal Adams cover there were 5 great stories featuring such great heroes as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Vigilante. The main Superman and Batman team up featured the unique creative team of Bob Haney, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, and Murphy Anderson. This book will always have a special place in my comic loving heart. I'll post some of the other Dollar comics that I was fond of in the upcoming days.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews