Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nick Cardy Teen Titans



When I think of early 70's DC, one of the artists that comes immediatley to mind is the great Nick Cardy. His unique style on titles such as Aquaman and the above Teen Titans proved very popular with the readers of the time. This particular cover from issue #28 cover dated July-August, 1970, is a perfect example of Cardy's brilliance. I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times and he was extremely nice and I was able to get my two favorite Titans in my sketchbook.





I also bought this cool Titans print from him the second time I met him a few years ago at Heroes Con in Charlotte. I think Wonder Girl looks a lot like Margot Kidder.



Meeting him was a great experience and I'm thrilled to have this beautiful art in my collection.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews