Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Brave And Bold Christmas



I always loved Batman themed Chistmas stories and this one from The Brave And The Bold #184 is one of my favorites. Featuring fantastic art from the one and only Jim Aparo and a nice script from Mike W. Barr, the teaming of Earth 1 and 2 characters was always a hit with me. The splash page is classic Aparo. The Gotham Guardian would make a fantastic Santa.



Aparo was such a good visual storyteller that no words needed to be said except at the very end. I love this sequence.

Not only did we get a classic story we got 1981 Christmas wishes from such DC legends as Joe Kubert, Sheldon Mayer, Julius Schwartz, Irv Novick, and many more.



I miss these Christmas themed issues from the 70's and 80's. It just doesn't seem the same anymore. There's no Christmas like a DC Christmas, especially during the Bronze Age.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews