Monday, June 22, 2009

Detective Comics #391



After reading the new Batcave Companion book, I decided to dig up some of my old late 60's-early 70's Batman and Detectives and reread them. The first one I found was this issue of Detective from September, 1969. I really dig the cool Neal Adams cover. I wish the photos in my albums looked like Adams art! The interior art, unfortunately, was by Bob Brown and Joe Giella. Brown was a decent artist but he was no Adams. Frank Robbins wrote the story, which was OK but not up to the Denny O'Neill stuff that would come about a year later. One of my favorite parts of this issue is the way cool Palisades Park ad that DC had in most of their books at the time.



I always wanted to go there but never got to the East Coast. These coupons are just another thing that was cool about Silver Age DC.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews