Thursday, July 28, 2011

Captain America: The Best Superhero Movie In A Long Time



An event I waited 20 years for happened last weekend and I was not disappointed. The release of Joe Johnston's Captain America: The First Avenger was something my college buddies and I discussed way back in 1991 after Johnston's adaptation of The Rocketeer came out. We loved the period detail and the faithfulness he brought to that character. We thought he could do the same with Cap, one of our favorite Marvel characters. I love period movies in general and I think they work very well with superhero movies. I loved everything about TFA. I loved the movie serial feel to it. I loved the spot on characteristics of Cap and The Red Skull. I loved the costumes, you get the idea. I knew I'd really dig this movie when I saw the first concept art over a year ago.



I fortunately got to see it with two of my college buddies who were waiting for this as long as I was and they loved it too. If you love period superhero movies and one of Marvel Comics' oldest and, in my opinion, best heroes, then you can't go wrong with Captain America: The First Avenger, now playing at a theater near you!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews