Saturday, May 2, 2009

Showcase #100



When I was a kid, I got excited over any little thing associated with my favorite DC characters. I didn't read Marvel much at the time so the DC heroes were the ones I had the most connection to. In the early part of 1978 one book made me more excited than any other. I remember seeing ads for the big 100th issue of DC's flagship try out title Showcase in pretty much every other book. The cover with all the different heroes that appeared in the book through the years captured my eye immediately. I couldn't wait for it to come out. When it did, I wasn't disappointed. From the great Joe Staton cover to the cool interior story with art also by Staton, the book was one of my favorites at the time. I always liked the 70's Showcase. There were some pretty good stories there from the Power Girl story arc to the Hawkman and OSS stories that wrapped up the run. It was one of many cool titles DC had in the late 70's.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews