Monday, July 20, 2009

Mystery In Space #90



With the Apollo 11 moon landing 40th anniversary today, I decided to look at some of the cool space themed comics I have. Of course, the best 1960's DC sci-fi title was Mystery In Space. Edited by noted sci-fi agent Julie Schwartz and usually written by the great Garnder Fox, the adventures of Adam Strange were always spellbinding, especially when drawn by the awesome Carmine Infantino. This particular issue, from March, 1964, is a perfect example of how great this book was. I just love this Infantino cover. It's one of his best pieces of work, in my opinion. I think I'll have to dig through more of these beauties when I have time. Work calls. I have to pay for these things somehow.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews