Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Green Lantern #22



I've always enjoyed the Silver Age DC science fiction oriented comics. Editor Julius Schwartz put the focus on sci-fi themes in most of the books he edited. The art on these books was usually sensational, featuring greats like Carmine Infantino, Gil Kane, and Murphy Anderson. I was lucky enough to meet Murphy at a con in the mid 90's and he was one of the nicest pros I've met in my con going years. He signed this great cover to GL #22 which he inked over Gil Kane. The stories inside are typical early 60's DC, very wordy and with a lot of sci-fi themes, which is a good thing by the way. The subscription ad on the inside cover made me smile for some reason.



Once I build my time machine, I'm definitely going back to 1963 and getting one of each! In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the Gardner Fox, Gil Kane, and Joe Giella goodness on the inside.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews