Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Batman #194



It's well known that Carmine Infantino was one of the most innovative artists of the Silver Age Of Comics. Perhaps his greatest strength was his sense of design. Nowhere is this more evident than this gorgeous cover to Batman #194 from August, 1967. Inked by the great Murphy Anderson, it's a good example of his design sense. His placement of the logo was totally different for the time. It jumps out at you. The stories inside aren't bad but they're outshined by the cover. I also enjoy the different ads from this era. I really like this Lone Ranger Aurora model ad which were in a lot of comics from this period.



I'm not sure who did the art for this ad. It kind of looks like Murphy Anderson but I'm not sure. I do know that I like it quite a bit. I'd like to get my time machine in order so I can pick up the model and all the great DC and Marvel books for only 12 cents each. Now those were bargains!!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews