Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superman Family #182



As a kid I loved DC's Dollar Comics. My dad would buy them for me fairly often because of the value for the buck. One of the first issues released in the format was Superman Family #182, cover dated March-April, 1977. Behind a fantastic Curt Swan-Neal Adams cover were great stories featuring Superman's pals with artwork by greats such as Kurt Schaffenberger, Vince Colletta, John Calnan, Jose Delbo, and Mike Vosburg. Not only are there good stories inside but the ads are great too. I like this toy ad featuring the Mego Batcycle and the very cool Super-Friends colorforms.



I would have loved to have had those colorforms. I also like this ad for the DC Direct Currents hotline.



I'm surprised I didn't bug my mom to call this all the time. It would have been great to hear the updates. Seeing all this stuff again makes me want to break out all my Superman Families. I might just have to do that this weekend.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews