Sunday, February 18, 2007

Best Of DC Digest #3

In addition to my love of treasury sized comics growing up, I also had a deep affection for their polar opposite, the Best Of DC digest sized comics. A lot of digests offered my first exposure to reprints of Golden and Silver Age strips that I had never seen before. They were also very easy to cart around on car trips and were easy to stick in my desk at school while the teacher wasn't looking. This issue, from February, 1980, was one of the first digests I ever bought. I really love the cover by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. It had a different vibe than the normal comic cover. It was great, as most covers by Lopez were. This particular issue reprinted "The Cosmic Hit Man" from Super Friends #3 by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon, "Man, Thy Name Is Brother" from Justice League #57 by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky, "Riddles And Rockets" from Super Friends #4 by Bridwell and Fradon, "Eye Of The Beholder" from Teen Titans #18 by Len Wein, Marv Wolfman, and Bill Draut, and "The Monster Menace" from Super Friends #10 once again by the great team of Bridwell and Fradon. I'll post a couple more covers of my favorite digests soon.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews