Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Great Jim Aparo



As I found that a lot of my older posts I posted through Flickr didn't show up anymore, I thought I'd repost some of my art commissions I've ordered through the years. As I discovered the awesome blog The Jim Aparo Fan Club I decided to post my Aparo commisions again.

My wife ordered me the piece above back in 2000. It's my favorite piece of art in my collection. It epitomizes classic Aparo for me. I love that The Phantom Stranger was pencilled with just broad strokes of his pencil. I stare at it every day and am thrilled with it nine years later. In the next couple of years I also ordered some pencil drawings of classic Aparo DC heroes Aquaman and Green Arrow.





When I met Aparo in 2002, I was lucky enough to have him draw a quick Batman sketch in my sketchbook. It's pretty sloppy but I was thrilled to watch him draw.



Check out the aforementioned Aparo Fan Club blog for more fantastic examples of my all time favorite comic book artist.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews