Sunday, March 29, 2009

Planet Comicon 2009



I had a great time yesterday at Planet Comicon, Kansas City's biggest and best comic convention. It snowed like crazy in the afternoon but like true comic fans, my buddies and I braved the elements to dig through boxes and get some new sketches. I only got one new sketch in my book but it was a doozy. Celebrated painter Joe Jusko made his first appearance at Planet Comicon and I was fortunate enough to get this cool Captain America.



He also signed a Marvel Masterpieces Thor card. My buddies collected these great cards when they came out in 1992. I don't know why I didn't because they're beautiful. It was cool to get my favorite card in the set signed.



1980's Star Wars artist Cynthia Martin was also there and she signed this cool Star Wars Galaxy card she did a while back.



As is typical for these shows, I spent all my money in the first couple of hours but it was a blast hanging out with my buddies the rest of the day, even through the snow and ice was coming down in sheets. Hopefully the next show will bring better weather.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews