Sunday, March 8, 2009

Watchmen Movie



Like many other comic fans this weekend, I went and saw Watchmen Friday night. I left after almost three hours pretty impressed. I didn't think the original comic was as great as a lot of people did at the time it came out. I thought it was a great story and innovative but I thought it was a little overrated. As I reread it last week in preparation for the movie, I found a new appreciation for how groundbreaking it really was.

So I went into the movie with the book freshly read and I was very entertained. Like a lot of adaptations, they left out several sequences from the book but it didn't bother me too much. The characters for the most part were spot on and the action sequences were well done. I wish there would have been more of a score to emphasize the goings on. The rock songs they used didn't work that well for me but I see why they chose them. The lyrics of the songs emphasized what was going on in the film.

Overall, it was a great moviegoing experience and I heartily recommend it to anyone who likes the book and superheroes in general. It's great to see superhero movies being done so well the last couple of years.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews