Sunday, November 9, 2008

Classic Adventure Part I



I thought I'd pay tribute to one of DC Comics' longest running series. Adventure Comics started out not long after Superman made his debut. Issue #1 was cover dated November, 1938 and featured just generic action stories. Not long afterwards it became the home to Justice Society stalwarts Sandman, Hourman, and Starman. The Starman series, drawn by the brilliant Jack Burnley, is my favorite Golden Age series. The art had a freshness to it that most of the other strips didn't have. I really like this particular cover from #65 in August, 1941. It's reprinted in one of my top five favorite archives, the Starman Archives Volume 1. If you're at all interested in good Golden Age comics, this is a must have!

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews