Sunday, October 8, 2006

The Flash #115

To conclude my so called Flash trilogy of covers, I thought I'd show this classic from the Silver Age. The image of the Scarlet Speedster as a 1000 pound blog really cracks me up. The Flash was probably the most innovate comic of the Silver Age in my opinion. The creative team of Julie Schwartz, John Broome, Carmine Infantino, and Joe Giella always came up with interesting plots, great character designs, and beautiful art. Flash had the best rogues gallery back then with great characters like Gorilla Grood (a giant intelligent ape, what's not to love?), Captain Cold, The Trickster, Captain Boomerang, The Weather Wizard, and many more. These are some of the greatest comics of all time, not just the Silver Age. All of these stories have been reprinted in the continuing Flash Archives which are a great (and cheaper) way to get these great stories.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews